Shillinglee

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Jardine
Perch

Re: Shillinglee

Post by Jardine »

I believe that the photo on the inside cover of " Casting at the Sun " is of Shillinglee.
I fished it in the late 80's, it was a magical place.
Jardine

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I regularly use the road along the dam and usually stop for a quick look or walk round. Some silly rules and most of the good swims always taken.

WindJammer

Post by WindJammer »

The fish can be caught from anywhere to be fair, it's just difficult because they are shy and you can't stop the bozos wandering into your swim with a "caught anyfing mate?" Agree about some of the rules though, the new owner (as the old) doesn't fish and has his own idea about the rules but, it's his lake so there you go. I do wish they would make it compulsory to purchase a ticket before entering but that would be very difficult to police.
Curiously enough, the other lake rarely attracts much attention and has some decent fish in. Or had, it's that quiet I wouldn't be surprised if it has had the odd 'visit' if you see what I mean.

King Of The Ghetto
Minnow

Post by King Of The Ghetto »

Fished it for the first time last season - a glorious venue, really. Saw some giant carp leaping, and one hurtle along the dam wall. Would love to do a few nights on there.

The lake next door is equally intriguing and pleasant on the eye...

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

If I recall Night Fishing is for the chosen few on the Syndicate, next door belongs to Haslemere AC. night fishing also not immediately available. I would reccommend a very early start and stalking approach for the carp, good luck !
Best Fishes
Mushy

WindJammer

Post by WindJammer »

The lake next door is Billingshurst AC, Haslemere AC have the one down the road.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”