Golf Course ponds

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Golf Course ponds

Post by Lea Dweller »

I play occasionally at Nazeing golf club and I have seen people fishing this season, I would suggest asking on the clubhouse or pro shop numbers?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

it would not surprise me if there was some thing in health and safety to cover it as there is so many strange rules in there, but i would think twice about fishing in a golf club lake because going by experience an awful lot of golfer have a terrible slice in their game
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Mark_N
Bleak

Post by Mark_N »

I've fished some golf course ponds up in Suffolk but they were off the fairways.
I also fished the wensum where it runs through a golf course.

Both times were with permission of the owners, so I think it depends on the owners as to whether you can fish or not.
There are 2 types of people in this world.... those that "get" fishing .... and those that don't

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I used to fish a private Suffolk Golf Course lake. One of the holes required the players to make the choice of going over the lake or around it. Most chose to play over and it wasn't much of a problem – I only recall one near miss as a golf ball rustled through foliage close by.

It was a nice venue and now has a carp syndicate although you can get day tickets to fish as long as you don't target the carp specifically. 'I was fishing for tench, honestly I was…'

The Stour runs close by.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:It's scary at times, especially 'Tee Off' times, trust me.

Here is a 12 acre estate lake I have access to, stuck right in the centre of a huge golf course. It's a lovely lake to fish, but you do worry when you hear someone shout "FORE!!!!!"

So the rod to use would be the Forty-fore!!! :Scared:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”