Potential Syndicate Lake

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Kev Parr
Perch

Potential Syndicate Lake

Post by Kev Parr »

Hi all

After a conversation over the weekend there might be an opportunity to take on the fishing syndicate at my (very) local lake.

The lake is not large - perhaps an acre - and holds carp, roach and rudd with a smatter of perch, supposedly tench and a few eels. The existing syndicate has not really been managed for a couple of years and as the landowner begins to rebuild the estate I suggested that he be as well to hand over the fishing rights to a third party as try and operate it himself. The main draw of the lake is the venue itself - tucked away in the West Dorset hills, aside from the odd villager walking through it is very private and benefits from the lack of attention. The carp run to upper double-figures though there may be bigger and are descendents of the Glastonbury Abbey fish so are quite stunning.

It's largely conjecture at the moment, but I would imagine a figure of £2000 per year would secure the rights. If anyone wants further information then do drop me a pm or reply here. I suggested to the owner that the sort of person/s he might want to take it on are those of a mindset such as you would find on TFF, so I won't mention it elsewhere and if nothing happens, so be it.

Best Kev

Kev Parr
Perch

Re: Potential Syndicate Lake

Post by Kev Parr »

Sorry - I've realised that reads like a trashy advert - there's nothing in it for me, I just thought someone or some people here might fancy it. And if Mark or anyone else feels that this isn't the place for it then please take it down and accept my apologies.

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Re: Potential Syndicate Lake

Post by Carp Artist »

A splendid idea kev, sounds quite idyllic . Unfortunately a bit to far away for me, but I'm sure a few local members might be interested.
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”