Lemmington Lakes.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Re: Lemmington Lakes.

Post by Bumble »

Thanks LL all the advice noted .
Bumble

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Weather forescast for Tuesday is improving. Light rain was forecasted all day but now rain is not due until 4 and hardly any breeze.......BRING ON THE TINCAS :fishing1:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Good look for Tuesday guys. I hope you catch some massive tincas!
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

This does look a nice venue and I look forward to hearing more about the fishing there.

It's sad that their B&B is so expensive....£80 to stay the night is simply ludicrous! What does it cost to have a room cleaned and a bed changed? If it were cheaper how many more customers might they get who wanted to fish the dawn or the dusk? And who on Earth can afford a weeks holiday there? Like Clawford in Devon I bet it's half-empty most of the time?? Perhaps I'm just getting old and everything seems expensive to me...?

Still, it's just about do-able for me and it does look nice...........

And they have crucians! ....well I think they have some crucian in them :Wink: .....

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

Nobby wrote:This does look a nice venue and I look forward to hearing more about the fishing there.

It's sad that their B&B is so expensive....£80 to stay the night is simply ludicrous! What does it cost to have a room cleaned and a bed changed? If it were cheaper how many more customers might they get who wanted to fish the dawn or the dusk? And who on Earth can afford a weeks holiday there? Like Clawford in Devon I bet it's half-empty most of the time?? Perhaps I'm just getting old and everything seems expensive to me...?

Still, it's just about do-able for me and it does look nice...........

And they have crucians! ....well I think they have some crucian in them :Wink: .....

Nobby we drove past Clawford two days ago on the way to another lovely little Devonian venue..it`s called Simpson valley lakes nr Holsworthy beacon...

[all the locals in my area keep away from Clawford as its vastly over rated and overpriced too,....]

have a look on Andy`s blog and the Simpson valley website,you will see some nice tench caught on the pin and some nice Horton/Shears carp in the pictures...My son and myself fished `Martins`yesterday and using our float rods/pin had a great days fishing..except we got bitten of a few times by the resident pike..

then we went down to `Lower fuzzy`for the tinca`s ,in the evening .We had a few and my son beat his pb for perch as well... :Cool:

cheers W1

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Rats! I was down that way end of March and didn't know of that venue Wandler.

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

Nobby wrote:Rats! I was down that way end of March and didn't know of that venue Wandler.

There are several nice waters around that area ,iv`e fished most of them..also Mr Manifold [Aqua]has his own place not too far from Holsworthy..he has his own fish farm..

another nice quiet little place is Yeomadon farm,some very quiet peaceful fishing there also.... :Thumb: ...

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

yeomadon farm

i tell you i have scoured google for possible holiday fishing venues and like nobby i have found that most of them want silly money (well to me anyway) and this one never came up so i reckon a post in the suggestion section is next for me.

regards

bjp :Hat:

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

Bjp wrote:yeomadon farm

i tell you i have scoured google for possible holiday fishing venues and like nobby i have found that most of them want silly money (well to me anyway) and this one never came up so i reckon a post in the suggestion section is next for me.

regards

bjp :Hat:

Or

St Tinney Farm
Tinny Waters
Clovelly lakes
Dutson farm
Riverside Camping
Adamsfield..
Avalon..
Fentrignan Manor
Fourponds...
Shoreston lakes

regards W1

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

A bit off post but I used to fish a few Matches at Clawford. It was ok but nothing special. This was around 10 years ago when I was living down there. I was back staying in Bude for a few days this August. I fished the Bude Canal but went for a "mooch", as we used to say in Devon, around Tamar lakes. When I get back next year I am going to fish it. It will be the fist time since 1986 I fished the Place, which is the only time I have wet a line there. Came second in a junior match. Should have won but two kids cheated and put their catch together to beat me. I have been scared for life from it!

Lemmington lakes, I fishing a few times in the late 90s but not since the new people took over.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”