Pocahontas Lake, Heacham, Norfolk FOR SALE!

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Bigoll
Silver Bream

Pocahontas Lake, Heacham, Norfolk FOR SALE!

Post by Bigoll »

If anyone has £550k going spare you could be the proud owner of Pocahontas Lake, a stretch of the Heacham River and 44 acres of historic parkland, all within a charming village less than a mile from the seaside! Oh, for that lottery win....Anyone know of any angling consortia looking to invest in a new water? It looks like the lake is available as a separate lot so could be a decent investment for a club.

http://www.crusowilkin.co.uk/more_detai ... 0472000268

POCAHONTAS LAKE
The property extends to 4.37 hectares (10.8 acres) or thereabouts including a well established fishery with lake extending to 3.5 acres,
set within grounds of mature trees and shrubs, bordered along the western side by the Heacham River. In approximately 1995 the lake was extensively improved including the removal of silt; thereafter the lake was re-stocked with predominately Carp and Bream, although other species have subsequently been introduced.

We are advised that there is a reasonable stocking of Mirror, Common and Ghost Carp with specimen fish in excess of 25 lbs. Fishing is currently by season or day tickets.

At the southern end of the lake is an inlet channel leading off the Heacham River and at the northern end of the lake there is a raised sluice outlet back into the river. Adjacent to the sluice is a timber framed storage building, Boathouse, and an additional timber framed shed currently housing W.C. and cold hand wash basin, together with mains water tap. The toilet discharges into a septic tank adjacent
to these buildings.

Access to this Lot is over a right of way as coloured brown on the sales particulars. Further improvements will be necessary to the access way to facilitate vehicular access to the boathouse. There is no Right of way over adjoining property to access the land on the west of the River. Part of the Heacham River is included within this property albeit that access and maintenance is limited by existing trees and undergrowth.

GazTheAngler

Re: Pocahontas Lake, Heacham, Norfolk FOR SALE!

Post by GazTheAngler »

Wonderful,

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Right, just put 'lottery ticket' on my shopping list.

If I win, we shall have a little party there. Camping in the field (away from the lake), a little fire, a few beers and a Kelly Kettle station for refreshment.

And of course a fish...cane only...
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Co incidentally, that's also where a certain Mr John Wilson filmed an episode of Go Fishing, carp fishing.......

Old Nell

Post by Old Nell »

Some cracking roach and dace in the river ,by all accounts. Wish it was closer. Not that I've got that cash haha.
Mark

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Mark, if I get that jackpot I guarantee you a season ticket. That's this season, next season, the season after that.......
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Old Nell

Post by Old Nell »

Been having a bit of a google about it. Fair amount of "what we want" in there Phil. I'll do the same for you when I get my Stretch of Upper Wensum/Wissey.
Regards Mark

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

The only problem with this delightful venue would be the otters that abound the area !

Northern Eel
Chub

Post by Northern Eel »

TFF Syndicate lake :Wink:

lets all chip in!

:Happy:
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

Badger
Grayling

Post by Badger »

Northern Eel wrote:TFF Syndicate lake :Wink:

lets all chip in!

:Happy:
It would only be £774.64 if each TFF member chipped in ! Add to that some sort of annual syndicate fee to cover maintenance etc. and we are up and running :Thumb:

Sorted !!!!!! :clap:
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”