Bletchley park

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Stuart Whiting

Re: Bletchley park

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Also if your around the molesey area I'd try fishing at Hampton court above the lock , if the river has got some colour to it and is pushing through a little bit this area is ideal as it'll be off of the main flow, quite deep water there probably a good 8-9 ft a couple of rod lengths out,
Fished on the feeder expect to catch quality roach and bream , if the water clears you'll get decent perch :Thumb:

All the best and tight lines

Stuart

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Bletchley Park

Post by Mark »

Funnily enough I was at Bletchley Park two weeks ago and here is what the lake looked like then.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Isis
Perch

Post by Isis »

Only fished the lake on one occasion in the 1980s. Went along with a policeman friend, the security was tight and we had to sign in before fishing and sign out when we left.
The lake looked much nicer in those days being more overgrown round the edges and with no obvious swims. The lake was fished very little fished so I couldn't glean any info before the visit. However found Tench between 2-3 lbs and Carp to 8lbs. I don't think the fish grow to any great size but that didn't matter because they were in pristine condition.

Trainset
Gudgeon

Post by Trainset »

I spoke to my Father in law who is a tour guide at Bletchley park but no one seems to know when the lake was stocked. No fishing on the lake, it was electro fished a while back as they had a problem with algae but only the small fish were taken out. So I cant find out when or where the fish came from. As yet I've had no reply regarding a traditionally dressed angler wetting a line for the tourists.
I tried, I failed, I went fishing instead...
I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

I did fish there once when I was younger, I had to leave when the model boat club arrived.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”