Record Crucian Carp Water

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
JAA

Re: Record Crucian Carp Water

Post by JAA »

I doubt you'd cover your costs in twenty years. By the time you've added the cost of ground maintenance, insurance and netting the lake at 2-3 year intervals to manage stocks, to keep them in the area that attracts the number of customers you need at the price they will pay, you'd be lucky to make any serious money.

It would help if (say) the lake was a good spawning ground for crus and tench which you could sell off occasionally.

If there was a house on site and I could work from home 'on the day job', it'd be good fun, but I wouldn't consider it a business that'd really make any cash. Probably why Cemex are selling them off...

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

This I think is the last one.

Yateley had 11/12 lakes for sale.
1 sold to private buyer and continues as a day ticket water.
4 sold to private buyer - 3 now £400-£500 pa syndicates & 1 day ticket. Already installed an Otter fence & flushable loos.
7 sold to angling club for their 4000 members
Total about £1.5m

Maintenance as you described is not that expensive or necessary.

It does have a very healthy population of tench to double figures, the record crucian if still alive!, grass carp, king carp to 40+.
Rather a lake with everything.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

And more - the Somerley Stillwater Syndicate is about £300. Horton Church Lakes was £500 several years ago! The Syndicate at Wellington Country Park is £1500 roughly. All carp fisheries.

My catfish/carp Syndicate has just risen to £390. The Longford Syndicate - just river trout & coarse fish - is £1000

Day ticket carp water Sandhurst is £30 for 3 rods for 24 hours see http://www.sandhurstlake.co.uk/ for fish numbers & sizes.

Roach Pit near Ringwood in Hants had a reasonable stock of fish but, due to the ages of the existing carp, is having new stock introduced and an otter fence built!

There is a huge amount of money to be made in 'carp fishing' as the tackle company Korda can show! From bait, waters, ancillary tackle, rods, reels, ------------

A highly stocked day ticket carp lake plus tackle shop & cafe open to all will pay for itself very quickly.

Not the TFF way -- but fishing all the same. Personally I enjoy both - from 3 x 'c' rods in a bivvy to one cane rod & a pin.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I would love to find - give me the neglected gravel pit with unknown stock, - please!!

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”