Donald Leney and a very happy coincidence

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Barbulus
Tench

Re: Donald Leney and a very happy coincidence

Post by Barbulus »

What a great time. The sun much lower and a little shade and a swirl - an underarm cast - plop - another swirl - watch the line in the evening surface film - and after a rather spirited thrashing and those deep currents that only a carps' tail can make - just returned a truly gorgeous 12 lb Common. That has made my evening so time now to wander home and I think a salad and cold ham to go with that glass of wine. Donald' s legacy continues to provide the magic that we all need ! I feel at ease with life's challenges this evening !

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

The MK1V rods and net are loaded in the car.

Just give me the directions and joining instructions :fishing1: :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Ha ! Welcome back Neil. You will enjoy it. I'll PM tomorrow for a drink next week ? I want to hear what happened at you know where !

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

It is a very special place to fish and I, like Barbulus live only 10 mins away!
I had the pleasure of meeting Barbulus there for the first time and our paths have crossed at that Water several times. All the common carp I have caught there have that same shape and fight like fury.
One little point of possible interest, I hold a ticket for life and can fish anytime I like!

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

"One little point of possible interest, I hold a ticket for life and can fish anytime I like!"

...And you just made 753 new best friends...
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Yeah but he's my best friend :Sun:

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Barbulus,

In this world, I think you're incredibly lucky in that you've found your lake much the same as it was when you left it. My own water like that from days gone by, is now fenced off from civilization (Not a bad thing) and is now a syndicate (however it's run by a good friend, so I'm free to fish it when I like) it too has wild looking carp in it as well as king carp and is still in a place all of it's own. My Dad isn't able to fish it and so because I'm fishing with him (Whilst he still can) I haven't fished it for a while. I'll leave it for when my Father retires himself from our pass-time.

I'm not familiar with Hunstrete after fishing and living around this area for most of my life, were those carp Wild or were they king carp? I've not even read about them in a book, as most of my reading has been of Yates or BB's works.

I know what you mean about drifting off into another time whilst you're fishing there, the same happens to me at my old pool. Enjoy every minute of it. :Hat:

You're a very lucky man.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Well it would seem you're not a million miles from me, so if you ever fancy a tea boy for the day, I'd gladly offer my services sir... :eyebrow:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Well it would seem you're not a million miles from me, so if you ever fancy a tea boy for the day, I'd gladly offer my services sir... :eyebrow:
Or an alarm clock!
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Loop Erimder wrote:
The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Well it would seem you're not a million miles from me, so if you ever fancy a tea boy for the day, I'd gladly offer my services sir... :eyebrow:
Or an alarm clock!
..yep, I can do that too. :Wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”