CHILDLIKE EXCITEMENT

This forum is for discussing grayling.
Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: CHILDLIKE EXCITEMENT

Post by Paul F »

Have a good time Bob & Hermit, I can testify Kingfisher is a great host and he has some of this countries best grayling rivers on his doorstep.
I am already excited to read your report of the trip :Thumb:

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Many years ago when I was building an extension to our house I managed to fall into the foundation trench I was digging. My eldest son (aged about 6 at the time) turned to my wife and asked ' How old is Daddy.' My wife looked into the hole with me flat on my back turned to my son and said 'Oh he is about 8.'

That has to be the best compliment I have ever had and secures childlike excitement for ever.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Superb Bob, I hope it went well for you..do let us know.
I'm as child like about my last cast (s s s s) as I am about the next trip even if its a walk down the local river..heaven for me will be to join them up! I once caught a very big cat, the only one present, within 5 hours from a beautiful water I was fishing for the first time. I was so cross that the place would not have the same appeal anymore..I later discovered some eels in there and now happily pursue them.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Aquaerial wrote:Superb Bob, I hope it went well for you..do let us know.
I'm as child like about my last cast (s s s s) as I am about the next trip even if its a walk down the local river..heaven for me will be to join them up! I once caught a very big cat, the only one present, within 5 hours from a beautiful water I was fishing for the first time. I was so cross that the place would not have the same appeal anymore..I later discovered some eels in there and now happily pursue them.
I will hopefully post my version of the weekend this evening. Kingfisher has already got his piece listed with wonderful pictures
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

Tight lines Bob :Thumb:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

CraigM wrote:Tight lines Bob :Thumb:
Craig,
Been and gone and done it! Check out my report entitled Paradise Found.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Return to “Grayling (Thymallus thymallus)”