A new hat

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Mark
Head Bailiff

A new hat

Post by Mark »

I nipped into Loughborough with the good lady and grandson today and while there treated myself to a new fishing hat. Its maiden voyage is tomorrow on the River Soar.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: A new hat

Post by Bob Brookes »

That's a belter Mark!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Very nice squire. Hold on to it tomorrow! :Wink:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Post by Shed_Monkey »

Very nice it is too - it'll be just the thing on the bankside.

By coincidence my good lady brought me a hat home today which she found in a charity shop for a fiver - an un-worn oiled leather Aussie bush hat.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A most excellent titfer, Sir. I'm a tad jealous.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

That is a really cool looking hat and the brim is not too big, unlike some you see. I do not have a hat like this although my better half says I should protect myself a bit better whilst out and about.. I am normally a flat cap chap. If you do not mind me asking is it a hat that can be obtained easily or is it a local company. :Hat:

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Very dapper
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Reedling wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 pm That is a really cool looking hat and the brim is not too big, unlike some you see. I do not have a hat like this although my better half says I should protect myself a bit better whilst out and about.. I am normally a flat cap chap. If you do not mind me asking is it a hat that can be obtained easily or is it a local company. :Hat:
It was a stall on the market and a good hat stall at that, to be honest Reedling I did not pay any attention to the name but when I go again I will ask him for a card. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

I take my hat off to you Mark! :Hat: Very nice!

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Mark wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:36 pm
Reedling wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 pm That is a really cool looking hat and the brim is not too big, unlike some you see. I do not have a hat like this although my better half says I should protect myself a bit better whilst out and about.. I am normally a flat cap chap. If you do not mind me asking is it a hat that can be obtained easily or is it a local company. :Hat:
It was a stall on the market and a good hat stall at that, to be honest Reedling I did not pay any attention to the name but when I go again I will ask him for a card. :Hat:
Cheers Mark :Hat:

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”