How many Barbour jackets???

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Paul D

Re: How many Barbour jackets???

Post by Paul D »

Wallys-Cast wrote:Last year, whilst redecorating the bedroom, my wife came in to inspect the progress and said those wardrobes need another coat or two.
I decided not to argue with the boss and quickly found myself a Barbour Durham and a nice lightweight tweed jacket. She was right of course, they fit in there beautifully.
It's always best to do as you're told.

Wal.
That's brilliant Wal :Hahaha: have a good holiday by the way. :Hat:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Regular_Caster wrote:Hello chaps,

I thought this maybe a good place to ask, how many Barbour jackets might it be acceptable to own please?

I have had a verbal battle with the wife on a number of occasions that one of our wardrobes, with pretty much solely Barbours was a little excessive!!

I can't bear to part with all my old coats, some of them really well worn, and some repaired too, and others slightly more gently worn!

All of mine are pretty old generally now, and I think all bar two are made here in good old Blighty!

All the best
So tell us, how many do you actually have? I have two but as with so many things more would be nice. :Hat:

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Paul D wrote:
Regular_Caster wrote:Hello chaps,

I thought this maybe a good place to ask, how many Barbour jackets might it be acceptable to own please?

I have had a verbal battle with the wife on a number of occasions that one of our wardrobes, with pretty much solely Barbours was a little excessive!!

I can't bear to part with all my old coats, some of them really well worn, and some repaired too, and others slightly more gently worn!

All of mine are pretty old generally now, and I think all bar two are made here in good old Blighty!

All the best
So tell us, how many do you actually have? I have two but as with so many things more would be nice. :Hat:

Hmmm, would I look extremely bad if I said around 25 give or take a couple??!! :oops:

In my defence, they are almost all different models and colours!

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Wallys-Cast wrote:Last year, whilst redecorating the bedroom, my wife came in to inspect the progress and said those wardrobes need another coat or two.
I decided not to argue with the boss and quickly found myself a Barbour Durham and a nice lightweight tweed jacket. She was right of course, they fit in there beautifully.
It's always best to do as you're told.

Wal.
You're a one mate..... :laugh1:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Twenty five!!!!!!! :shocked: Blimey you sure you don't own a gentlemans outfitters?
I'm impressed I must say....I own four Barbours, one of which is a wax cotton waistcoat, three tweed jackets and two tweed waistcoats....but then I never get any grief from.the ghillie....bless her
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

I'm not sure anyone else would dare ever buy any of these due to the general appearance of them, and what they could come across if they put their hands in the pockets!

Some are quite crusty, especially my old belted Solway Zipper, with one royal warrant on the old style label.

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

25 jackets,that is over a hundred pockets,how the hell do you find anything.
I have a similar problem with the bags,Barbour shop in town,wait for sales,bags marked down,im up to seven,(edit five haha I counted them again to be sure) at last count.
The waxproofs make great fishing bags,is my excuse/reason/madness..
Last edited by Kevin on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Good choice. When they have a sale, they usually discount pretty well I've found. I have two shops close by, and they always tempt me!

I do only have only one Barbour bag, a tweed tarras from 11 or so years ago. Fantastic bags.

I have always been tempted by a Brady Severn, but never taken the plunge as yet!!

DrJohn
Gudgeon

Post by DrJohn »

Four at this time: 3 x Gamefairs and a Northumbria.

John.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”