Comfortable, waterproof, warm, walking / fishing boots.

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Re: Comfortable, waterproof, warm, walking / fishing boots.

Post by Match Aerial »

I have read through all the posts and I am non the wiser LOL
Think I will stick to me wellies and just wear two pairs of socks

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

MGs wrote:
Leigh wrote:
I have even more variations Aquaerial all used for protecting the nations interests, we have come along way from being issued hob nail boots
These are what I was issued when I joined. I wouldn't recommend them for anything. I had mine until the day I left (re-soled and re-heeled a couple of times)

Goodness me..looks like you got the better option although I suspect your boots are the least of your concerns these days.
Best wishes
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

I use my magnum combat boots I find them dead comfy they come fishing with me except in high summer and have travelled all over the world with me.

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

These are worth a good look, have served me well for nearly 2 years of hunting hounds on foot twice a week in the winter, walked the Norfolk coastal path, sand/shingle etc and fishing where I dont expect to stand in the water. Karrimor Cheviot , made in Italy with a vibran sole, looked online today and £65 from sports direct and £60 inc post from Amazon, I'm 9.5 size but bought 10, can wear thick socks, very comfortable, with no breaking in,I use nikiwax, keeps feet warm and dry .Tight lines Dave

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

Brashers have been taken over. I've used them for twelve years. As long as you got the right size they needed no breaking in. You could pop them on for a couple of hours and not a blister! I always take a backup footwear but never needed. It was quite a surprise back then when some hours of pain was standard for new walking boots. No doubt they are all instant comfort now. Good thing in my honest opinion...

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

Rutland Rod wrote:Image
These are worth a good look, have served me well for nearly 2 years of hunting hounds on foot twice a week in the winter, walked the Norfolk coastal path, sand/shingle etc and fishing where I dont expect to stand in the water. Karrimor Cheviot , made in Italy with a vibran sole, looked online today and £65 from sports direct and £60 inc post from Amazon, I'm 9.5 size but bought 10, can wear thick socks, very comfortable, with no breaking in,I use nikiwax, keeps feet warm and dry .Tight lines Dave
Pair of plus-fours just out of camera? :Thumb:

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Beryl wrote:
Rutland Rod wrote:Image
Pair of plus-fours just out of camera? :Thumb:
Indeed they are ! nearly 30 years old moleskins from John Brocklehurst of Bakewell, had 3'' added to waist ! my wife wanted to know why I wanted her to photo my boots before going out hunting yesterday ! she said ....not Fishermans forum again ! Tight lines Dave

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”