Who's rattling your cage/tent?

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: Who's rattling your cage/tent?

Post by Gary Bills »

Well, I thought I'd share an account of a slightly spooky thing that happened to me on Monday, while I was at work..
A nice local councillor is standing down, for personal reasons. It was my duty as a journalist to phone him up for the story. Only two families of that name live in the town, and I wasn't sure which was which. Anyway, the first number was the "wrong" family: leaving me with only one more number to try. I phoned. There was a long silence, then a curious "thud", - and a voice on the other end said "Hello?" I didn't recognise the voice, and so I said, "I wish to speak with Councillor Roger X, if possible." The voice said, this is "Daniel X, you have the wrong number." Remember, the surname was an uncommon one in the town and I was slightly annoyed, because I was certain that I had dialled the "right" family. Well, I phoned the council for the correct number - and it was the number I had dialled! I was slightly annoyed now and phoned back. This time, Mrs X answered almost at once, and I got to speak to Councillor X. At the end of the phone interview, still a little mystified, I asked: "By the way, who is Daniel X? - when I first phoned, he answered the phone."
Cllr X replied - "There's no one called Daniel living here. Daniel X was my brother, :o but he died two months ago...! (!)

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

FB - you've got a hotline to the 'other side'! :o
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Snape wrote:FB - you've got a hotline to the 'other side'! :o
Well, Snape, logically I have to assume that I was somehow connected by error to someone who shared the name of the dead brother of the man I was actually trying to contact - but what a spine-tingling experience, and what a coincidence, if it was a coincidence... :o !

TheDodger
Minnow

Post by TheDodger »

An then, as yet, unremoved answering machine message set by the deceased before his death?

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

TheDodger wrote:An then, as yet, unremoved answering machine message set by the deceased before his death?
Nope - I had an conversation with the chap, whoever he was... :shocked:

TheDodger
Minnow

Post by TheDodger »

Wow. That sort of thing really stops you in your tracks doesn't it? Inexplicable. Literally wonderful. but a bit scary, too, to say the least.

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

TheDodger wrote:Wow. That sort of thing really stops you in your tracks doesn't it? Inexplicable. Literally wonderful. but a bit scary, too, to say the least.
It freaked me out a little, Dodger, but I'm inclined to think it was a product of a faulty connection and a remarkable coincidence, but who knows?

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”