A redmire experience...

Enter this forum only if you dare.
Vole
Rainbow Trout

Re: A redmire experience...

Post by Vole »

I've had that in my own bed - waking up, unable to move, and convinced that some foul fiend was lifting the bottom left corner of the mattress and fumbling round for something underneath it. Not nice. Just a slight restriction to the circulation in one foot, a hypnagogic hallucination misinterpreting the data, and sleep paralysis... but still scary at the time. Thoroughly spooked, the mind wakes up much faster than the body can, and the inability to move feels like captivity, cowardice and sudden disability all at once.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Well as you can gather from Vole's account, Sleep paralysis can be way scarier than seeing ghosts.

But please keep those ghost stories coming!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

I have encountered sleep paralysis on a number of occasions. The first time it occurred I was terrified. Soon after, I researched the phenomena. When it happened to me thereafter, and with the new found knowledge....I actually quite enjoyed it!!
I must say though that sleep disorders fail to account for my two Redmire "experiences"..I was wide awake both times.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

It's possible with narcolepsy to have vivid dreams whilst wide awake, given the right circumstances. Pitch black, besides an eerie pool with spooky noises all around! Perfect conditions for the monsters from the Id to materialise.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”