a day out on the lower teme

This forum belongs to the River Teme.
Mario
Eel

a day out on the lower teme

Post by Mario »

had a nice day today roving on the teme at powick it is a really nice stretch it like fishing in the jungle with kingfishers flying past and lots of other birds around anyway i managed two barbel on the my ray walton pin the best one was 8 half pound fin perfect barbel the next was about 6 lb
but they really do fight hard on the teme as there is a powerfull flow anyway it was a great day out even when the fish were not really having it

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: a day out on the lower teme

Post by Gary Bills »

Ah Teme barbel, I remember a pleasant afternoon, trotting for them at Stamford Bridge, in 1990....
It sounds like you had a super day, and some very good fish, Mazza! :thumb:

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Very good result Mazza :thumb: - any photos?
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Well done Mazza - gorgeous little river the Teme - I know the stretch very well as its my local, one of the most captivating rivers around and always good for wildlife.

I switched to the Kennet on Friday and fished for 14 hrs (and loved every minute) 2 barbel for me too. Teme or Severn for me tomorrow, toss of a coin will decide :)
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

TemeLAD wrote:Well done Mazza - gorgeous little river the Teme - I know the stretch very well as its my local, one of the most captivating rivers around and always good for wildlife.

I switched to the Kennet on Friday and fished for 14 hrs (and loved every minute) 2 barbel for me too. Teme or Severn for me tomorrow, toss of a coin will decide :)
which club are you in wocester angling society or st johns the teme where i fish is very over grown and ive found quite hard going but ive only fished twice and dont know it

BazTheFisher

Post by BazTheFisher »

I'm in the Worcester angling society and the banks are well looked after and it's almost entirely treelined. St. John's has a considerable amount left bare, I do like to sit back against a tree though and have some natural shelter. I've only been here 5 months but my time is spent between there and Bransford...it is hard work admittedly but hard work brings great rewards. I lost a good perch... No a great perch....to be fair it was an absolute monster of a perch getting up towards 4lb on that stretch...it still pains me now as it was only my stupidity coupled with nigh on hysteria that made me lose it, I WILL get this fish eventually.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

what bait were you fishing and what sort method as I like to have go for perch I didn't know there some good perch in the stretch I did see some guys fishing for perch one evening off the old powick bridge I think they were using small fish as bait

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

I fished the same stretch at Powick last Saturday and blanked, it was tanking through with all the extra rain we had the days leading up to when I fished, I still enjoyed my time on a lovely river :)

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

I find when the teme Is tanking through it doesn't fish that well but severn fishes quite good

BazTheFisher

Post by BazTheFisher »

A little rubber shad Mazza!!

Return to “River Teme”