Bob Richards Record Carp

This forum belongs to Bob Richards.
Julian
Salmon

Re: Bob Richards Record Carp

Post by Julian »

..... On the other hand if CY hadn't caught the Bishop in 1980 on cane rod, vintage reel and simple method and bait, would interest in Redmire have dwindled? and more to the point would interest in vintage tackle and simple methods for carp ever have developed ,and therefore would this forum exist today :shocked:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Here's to Bob! :huray:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

A glass will be raised to Bob tonight.

Gaz

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Julian wrote:..... On the other hand if CY hadn't caught the Bishop in 1980 on cane rod, vintage reel and simple method and bait, would interest in Redmire have dwindled? and more to the point would interest in vintage tackle and simple methods for carp ever have developed ,and therefore would this forum exist today :shocked:
Maddocks was saying there was nothing big in Redmire, Kevin Clifford said there was no record in Redmire, based on his 1976 drought year observations...the capture of the Bishop really was a game changer for Redmire. I remember my delight as a schoolboy, hearing the news. It put Redmire back on the map and it was, once again, the place of dreams for many anglers.
All that, of course, is a very long time ago, and I'm still to fish the pool! Perhaps next year...
I know folks say you should fish Redmire for the atmopshere, but I still have fantasies about hooking the fabled big linear, or perhaps that huge common which St John saw last year...
On the other hand, I'd probably blank! :shocked: :Happy:

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Here's to Bob, the angler who caught the last record carp with no name.

PS Just a thought, the previous record fish has always died before the new record holder has been caught................
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

St.John wrote:There's a goodish debate there.
Gentlemen-I put to you:would walker have got a/redmire, and b/clarrisa if it weren't for ok' Bob?
Probably not, but then if Walker don't know BB then BB would never had recommended that Bob get in touch with Walker to get his fish stuffed in the first place......................the plot thickens :Wink:
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

JerryC wrote:Here's to Bob, the angler who caught the last record carp with no name.
That in itself is worthy of a raised glass :Hat:

JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Post by JimmyBobkin »

FarliesBirthday wrote:
Julian wrote:..... On the other hand if CY hadn't caught the Bishop in 1980 on cane rod, vintage reel and simple method and bait, would interest in Redmire have dwindled? and more to the point would interest in vintage tackle and simple methods for carp ever have developed ,and therefore would this forum exist today :shocked:
Maddocks was saying there was nothing big in Redmire, Kevin Clifford said there was no record in Redmire, based on his 1976 drought year observations...the capture of the Bishop really was a game changer for Redmire. I remember my delight as a schoolboy, hearing the news. It put Redmire back on the map and it was, once again, the place of dreams for many anglers.
All that, of course, is a very long time ago, and I'm still to fish the pool! Perhaps next year...
I know folks say you should fish Redmire for the atmopshere, but I still have fantasies about hooking the fabled big linear, or perhaps that huge common which St John saw last year...
On the other hand, I'd probably blank! :shocked: :Happy:
tell me more about this?

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

New thread - barbed or barbless gaff? :Scared:

Return to “Bob Richards”