New Byelaws

This forum belongs to the River Thames.
Santiago
Wild Carp

New Byelaws

Post by Santiago »

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/st ... l_2013.pdf

These are the new rules chaps. Note, if you fish with more than 2 rods you need two licences! I think last year this was discussed and some folk were insisting you only need one licence for 3 rods.

4 rods also requires 2 licences but is the max anyone can use. I have problems using 1 rod on a good day so how folk use 3 I'll never know!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Julian
Salmon

Re: New Byelaws

Post by Julian »

You have needed two rod licences to fish with 3 or 4 rods for a number of years now, and 4 rods has been the maximum for a number of years, so that is not a new byelaw :Sun:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I know, I mentioned this a couple of years ago on another forum and all replies said the opposite that one licence allows up to 3 rods!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The Post Office website contains this stipulation on it's website about rod licences :-

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/rod-fishing-licence

"Do you need a second licence?

If you’re fishing for coarse fish with three or four rods, you’ll need to buy a second licence. It’s exactly the same process – just make sure you’ve got both licences with you when you’re fishing."
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “River Thames”