2lb Roach

This forum belongs to the River Thames.
Santiago
Wild Carp

2lb Roach

Post by Santiago »

Just been to the local tackle shop and the owner is raving about how many 2lb roach are now coming out of the Thames just above Reading. Apparently all the 'match boys' are amazed at their luck! Nets of 20lb plus of just roach with one or two 1 to 2lb specimens are the norm.

For those interested this is very good news, since the 2007 summer floods the roach shoals were remarkable only be their absence!!!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Michael
Tench

Re: 2lb Roach

Post by Michael »

I've has some nice roach in recent years, although I`m usually after chub, they are starting to appear. I`ve found them, between Staines and Windsor, Henley....

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Apparently the river this year has produced roach of 3.12 and 3.10 to a carp angler using large boilies. Yes they were weighed and witnessed but will not be reported.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I'm off roach fishing on the Thames tomorrow! But where I go they only reach 10oz if I'm lucky. Just hope all that rain has washed some of the biggies into my stretch!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

I used a spicy paste.....

Red Creel

Post by Red Creel »

Bigfish wrote:Just been to the local tackle shop and the owner is raving about how many 2lb roach are now coming out of the Thames just above Reading. Apparently all the 'match boys' are amazed at their luck! Nets of 20lb plus of just roach with one or two 1 to 2lb specimens are the norm.

For those interested this is very good news, since the 2007 summer floods the roach shoals were remarkable only be their absence!!!!
Very encouraging, just had a quick look at the RDAA match result's and it mention's a match in the Reading area where the three top weight's were made up of quality roach.All this Thames roach gossip in recent week's has sparked my interest.I feel a trip to my part of the river(Pangbourne & Goring) might be in order for this weekend.

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

Yes there are lots of roach round pang borne are,might dust the rods off and have a bash for some Sunday if ware levels drop,or would I still catch while high would use feeder tactics with maggots and worms

Red Creel

Post by Red Creel »

Pepsi wrote:Yes there are lots of roach round pang borne are,might dust the rods off and have a bash for some Sunday if ware levels drop,or would I still catch while high would use feeder tactics with maggots and worms
I did give it a go the weekend before last and met with moderate success.No two pounders(not that i was expecting any) but it was an all roach catch except for a couple of perch.Biggest fish were a couple of "pound plusser's" maybe pound and a quarter at a push.I was in Henley(not fishing) on saturday and had a quick look at the river and it was well up and still pushing through hard.If we get no more heavy rain this week it could be spot on for the weekend.

Return to “River Thames”