Molesley weir

This forum belongs to the River Thames.
Vole
Rainbow Trout

Re: Molesley weir

Post by Vole »

Just use your line as a cheese-wire - another couple of ounces less to carry?
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Superb photos Mr B :hat:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Mr B

Post by Mr B »

Thanks, I like the photos as well. I was under the trees so they are a little dark, but thats how it was.
Line as cheese wire! good thinking! but I always take a knife fishing. I was thinking of making up a hair rig (Gasp!!!) for the luncheon meat, never tried one before, just slide a small stalk of grass under the hook bend to hold it on.
I know Fred J would have tried one....?

Mr B

Crazy Crab

Post by Crazy Crab »

Mr B wrote:
I have a few more photos but I am not sure how to load more than one at a time?
Its nice to see someone using a real reel and rod, nice float as well, i have had some people ask why i still use one, Mitchell 300, and tell me i should get a 10+ sealed ballbearing super duper new one, my ansour to them is this, in 20yrs time my mitchell 300 will still be working

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

nice pictures mr b

Crazy Crab

Post by Crazy Crab »

just remembered, 2 years ago, I was watching the EA electricing the fish in that area, (fish count) as the boat came in towards the weir, about 15yds along the wire where you can fish, 4yds out, a shole of Chub all jump out off the water, and they where very big Chub (6Ib +), the two EA blocks with nets did'nt know where to put thier nets, I was pmsl, there is a willow tree oppersite bank to where you can fish, that is where all the carp are

Richard Crimp

Post by Richard Crimp »

Here's a lovely pike from the area for your eyes only!

Not caught on traditional tackle though, just with a traditional mindset!

Tight lines,

Richard :Hat:

Capebreton
Perch

Post by Capebreton »

is the knife an opel(Sp?) great knives

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Capebreton wrote:is the knife an opel(Sp?) great knives
'Opinel,' Sir ... I have one too, and yes ... excellent knives.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Tonkin

Post by Tonkin »

Ah ! what memories you evoke sir! Molesey weir (not Molesly by the way!) I worked in Bob Kirks tackle shop back in the mid 1960s just up the road (Bridge Rd) for several years ! We use to fish the weir and had permission to go on the main weir from the lock keeper! And round the back of the right side is a small cut which you cant see and we paddled the Molesey angling clubs home made punt all the way from the Zenith weir which was located in the Mole over to it ! There is (was? a small weir there ! Had more barbel out of it then on the main weirs no great size 7lb was my best ! but you didn't often draw a blank ! Happy days ! thanks for the trip down my younger days ! Regards Tonkin

Return to “River Thames”