Rest of my season

This forum belongs to the River Thames.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Rest of my season

Post by Bobthefloat »

I'm planning to spend November onwards on the Thames this season I've mainly fished between Kingston and Sunbury but I'm going to purchase a lock and weir permit
And venture out a bit more.
Has anyone had any success on the river this season?
And any suggestions of quiet beautiful stretches will be most appreciated.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Rest of my season

Post by Santiago »

I've mainly been catching lots of quality roach and a few bream. If the weather holds November might be good, but I would consider between now and November as being worth a go. I will try to do a little fishing every weekend on the Thames before the wet weather takes hold, because when that happens the fish can be very hard to find.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

The Galleries at Hampton Court: Thames Street gardens, Sunbury: Mouth of the R. Mole: Desborough Cut: Walton Bridge: Teddington Lock: --
were all visited my me for barbel and chub - after the boats had reduced in numbers. The Tidal being on my doorstep then.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

I'm the same I tend to stay away in the summer months because of the boats.
I plan on giving the tidal a fair go aswell as I've only dabbled before.
I'm considering getting a small boat next year and hopefully find somewhere to Moor it.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

When I have fished in the summer it's been on the feeder regular casting so boats aren't too much of a pain mainly using small hooks and baits catching a nice mixed grill.
But when after larger specimens I tend to put a bed of bait out and leave my larger hook bait out for long periods so for me it's best to wait until the rivers calmed down a bit.
Last season I found a lovely overgrown secluded little swim full of pike I'll be heading there in a few weeks also hoping for my first zander as I've never landed one.

Return to “River Thames”