Hampton Court bridge

This forum belongs to the River Thames.
Fisherman1947
Dace

Hampton Court bridge

Post by Fisherman1947 »

Can you fish the towpath at Hampton Court bridge. I was looking on street view and nobody was fishing there .
Old fishermen never die they only smell that way.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Hampton Court bridge

Post by Olly »

~The left bank from Hampton Court Bridge downstream to Kingston Bridge belongs (or belonged) to the Crown Estate. No rod licence was required for some years as the Crown did not accept the new legislation, so all year round fishing took place for a couple of year until the Crown Estate fell in line!

The opposite bank from Surbiton to the confluence with the river Hogsmill only seemed to allow fishing in certain parts and is clearly marked as such - well it was yesterday as I walked it to have lunch in Kingston-upon-Thames!

There is an open park space on the right bank near Hampton Court Railway Station at the confluence of the river Mole which has been a barbel/carp hotspot since the 1960's! Whether angling is still allowed I am not sure.

A visit to the TAC website could help.

Troydog
Tench

Re: Hampton Court bridge

Post by Troydog »

The River Mole !! - how many hundreds of hours I spent there between ages 8 to 20. Betchworth and Brockham we fished those 50 years ago but I know that it is a different world down there now. That's why I live in Herefordshire.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “River Thames”