A picture of May

This forum belongs to Gerry & May Berth-Jones.
Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Re: A picture of May

Post by Carp Artist »

A lovely picture Mark, shows the reel essence of early carp fishing back in the day. A nice brace of carp and May in her pioneering days.
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Carp Artist wrote:A lovely picture Mark, shows the reel essence of early carp fishing back in the day. A nice brace of carp and May in her pioneering days.
Thank you Carp Artist and Mike for the picture, I just wanted to show what a stunner our Honorary President is. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

:Thumb: Hear, Hear. I'll second that.
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Certainly Wadhurst..the pics in Kevin Clifford's "A History of Carp Fishing Revisited". The weight - 9lb 12oz would have been one of the largest ever Wadhurst "wildies".

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

FarliesBirthday wrote:Certainly Wadhurst..the pics in Kevin Clifford's "A History of Carp Fishing Revisited". The weight - 9lb 12oz would have been one of the largest ever Wadhurst "wildies".
Thank you for shedding more light on it FB. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I had a reply from our Honorary President today chaps.

Dear Mark

Just seen the picture of me on the forum sent in by Mike Wilson. It was indeed Wadhurst lake, I cant believe I held the carp like that, I can assure everyone I would not do so today, how times have changed. The fish on the left was entered for the Daily Mirror Competition for which I won a Mitchell claw reel, back in 1951. Thanks to Mike for a picture I have not seen in years, I would dearly love a copy of it, if possible.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all new members and thank all those who have sent such nice messages.

My very best wishes to everyone and hope this year will be a good year for fishing.

Regards,

May.

I have printed out two copies of the photo on quality photo paper and will post them to May in the morning.
Mark (Administrator)

Return to “Gerry & May Berth-Jones”