Location of Bearton pond?

This forum belongs to Bearton Pond.
Snape
Bailiff

Location of Bearton pond?

Post by Snape »

I think this is where Walker and Thomas released a good sized Redmire fish in the 1950s which they transported in a wet sack. It survived the journey and they were expecting to hear stories of an amazing fish capture from the pond by a local boy but sadly the fish was found dead shortly afterwards. :(
Last edited by Snape on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

DontKnowMuch
Roach

Re: Location of Bearton pond?

Post by DontKnowMuch »

All the evidence would suggests that that is the right pond. It's one of the waters on my list to visit 'one day'.

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Well spotted Snape! Of course, in Walker's day, it was incredibly weedy. It looks clearer now...but hardly idyllic, surrounded by suburbia. But I wonder, are the carp still there?

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Just checked it out in street view and found it frustrating that it seems to be hidden behind a wall and/or a fence. When are Google going to have an option to allow you to jump up and down or climb a tree to see over high objects?!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Maybe even a polarised camera so we can spot fish??
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

I have been doing a bit of delving into the situation with this lake..A customer of mine drives past the lake every day and until I asked about it, didn't know it existed...He made a point of having a snoop around. This was his report.....
"hi mate it looks like a maximum security prison no wonder I didnt know it was there,theres an 8ft wall and fence round it with 3 layers of barb wire on top cant see any access theres a big posh house at one end maybe they own it ".......It can be assumed therefore, that it is now private property. :(

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Gutter, but well done on the investigation work.

Having said that, perhaps the knock on the big house's door would hurt, they can only say no I suppose. :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Having said that, perhaps the knock on the big house's door would hurt, they can only say no I suppose. :wink:
Or set the dogs on you. :chuckle:

Joking aside, it is worth a punt. :wink:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

J.T wrote:
The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Having said that, perhaps the knock on the big house's door would hurt, they can only say no I suppose. :wink:
Or set the dogs on you. :chuckle:

Joking aside, it is worth a punt. :wink:
It is always worth a punt.
Maybe a letter written to explain the significance of the pool and requesting to chance to visit (but not fish) from some traditionalist anglers might elicit a favourable response.

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Great idea Snape. :thumb:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Return to “Bearton Pond”