River Kennet Wasing Estate

This forum belongs to the River Kennet.
Dzpotter

River Kennet Wasing Estate

Post by Dzpotter »

Hi,

Does anyone who fishes the Wasing Estate know if the Brimpton Road is still closed when entering from the A4. It seems to have been closed for ages and am hoping it has been re-opened as access from the other end can be a problem if the roads are flooded.

Regards

Daniel

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Re: River Kennet Wasing Estate

Post by Bumble »

It was 5 days ago Daniel

Dzpotter

Post by Dzpotter »

Colin,

Thanks for the update. Will be down tomorrow and hopefully meeting up with Martin. Are you around, looks like it could be a good day with the temperature a lot higher than recent weeks?

If not hope you have a great Christmas

Cheers

Dan

Gudgeon Jim

Post by Gudgeon Jim »

Yes it is still closed.
Be careful if you come in at the Woolhampton end as the lake is still flooding into the river making the track dangerous.
Im going for a session down there sun.afternoon.
Jim

Dzpotter

Post by Dzpotter »

The road has been re-opened now. Apparently shut again for 2 weeks commencing 7th january 2013. All other roads around Wasing were fine. The river is really flooded in places though.

Spent all day there today and only had a single missed bite and probably fished 12 swims. Martin James turned up at 2:30pm and had 2 fish within half an hour. So my lack of success is purely down to my lack of angling ability. Oh well I shall keep trying.

Cheers

Dan

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Dan don't be to hard on yourself Martin has 60 years of Water craft in his locker. The fact is you were there and you fished and the next time you go in those conditions you will be better for it. I read so many articles about this bait and that bait but the fact remains they will take almost anything if you put the bait in the right spot and that is purely experience which you cannot buy in any tackle shop.
The most important thing of all is to enjoy the journey.
Bumble

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Totally agree with mr bumble there. I fished Redmire for the second time this year and had nothing over 5 days. Another chap came to take over from his dad on the 4 th day and had landed 2 fish within 5 hours. He is is good experienced angler that fishes for just carp. I love fishing and if I catch its brill keep trying and never give up
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Dzpotter

Post by Dzpotter »

Chaps,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Like you say, it's all about locating the fish and that is the bit I'm working on. I don't use any fancy baits just things I make up at home and bread.

Happy Christmas to you all

Cheers

Dan

Boston

Post by Boston »

Never look at a blank day as a negative,always stay positive in as far as if you hadn't of gone, you wouldn't of known you wouldnt of caught,that to me is a positive,as you also learn from it and become a more efficient angler....

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Boston wrote:Never look at a blank day as a negative,always stay positive in as far as if you hadn't of gone, you wouldn't of known you wouldnt of caught,that to me is a positive,as you also learn from it and become a more efficient angler....
Gosh, I'm having a master class - third blank in a row, but I was having a decent season. around a dozen or so to just over ten pounds.

Return to “River Kennet”