River Kennet Wasing Estate

This forum belongs to the River Kennet.
Tweed

Re: River Kennet Wasing Estate

Post by Tweed »

Tweed wrote:
Boston wrote:Never look at a blank day as a negative,always stay positive in as far as if you hadn't of gone, you wouldn't of known you wouldnt of caught,that to me is a positive,as you also learn from it and become a more efficient angler....
Gosh, I'm having a master class - third blank in a row, but I was having a decent season. around a dozen or so to just over ten pounds.
Short re-focus session yesterday produced a six pounder to a secret bait, following on from last Sunday's fish, so we're back on course with a good season.

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

The Wasing Kennet is one of those places where effort in equals fish out.

Travel light and move around, I find from personal experience the bait you are using is no where near as important as the effort you put in to actually find the fish rather than waiting for them to come to you.

Just my 2p! :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Many things work if you apply them correctly. In my chats the rolling meat Walton disciples seem to be not doing so well this year they say.

The occasional falling tree adds an interesting dimension, I thought the bloke in the next swim had let off fireworks, after he left I stood horrified to see a fallen tree across the river.

Great fishing though - first season on the Kennet for me.

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

The falling trees do make for an interesting time, been standing near one when its gone over more than once! :Chuckle:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Did the Parrot get verified as the new record carp from Wasing?

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Another carp is now in the queue - 70lb 4 oz - stocked last week & caught this week - record????

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Olly wrote:Another carp is now in the queue - 70lb 4 oz - stocked last week & caught this week - record????

Was the 70 caught at Wasing?

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

I doubt that would be excepted as a record,have you got a link to the story?and what is its name..

edit,found it....frankenstein fisheries.

Return to “River Kennet”