Re: The Lea at Eaton Manor

Post by Ljm183 »

And don,t forget Sowerbutt,s Commercial street

And here,s another

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

What was the Tackle shop in Broadway market E 8 called? Next to the Dove pub. I think that was one of the last to go,all very sad, I never knew the shops but certainly known all the street names.

DaveM
Rudd

Post by DaveM »

ljm183 wrote:And don,t forget Sowerbutt,s Commercial street

And here,s another

Yes ljm, although Sowerbutts were just before my time, I've got one of their centrepins though and never seen another one, nice little thing.

That was Broadway tackle, owned by Adam, a guy I went to school with and another partner.

Just remembered:
Lordship tackle in Lordship Lane, Bait 78 in Chingford. Loughton Angling, A1 angling.......and more.

The point is, these shops were all there to serve many many anglers in the Lea area, how many are left in these areas and therefore, how many anglers still live or go fishing in the very same boundary?

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

"Boundary" - that's an old-school LAA term!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

DaveM wrote:
ljm183 wrote:And don,t forget Sowerbutt,s Commercial street

And here,s another

Yes ljm, although Sowerbutts were just before my time, I've got one of their centrepins though and never seen another one, nice little thing.

That was Broadway tackle, owned by Adam, a guy I went to school with and another partner.

Just remembered:
Lordship tackle in Lordship Lane, Bait 78 in Chingford. Loughton Angling, A1 angling.......and more.

The point is, these shops were all there to serve many many anglers in the Lea area, how many are left in these areas and therefore, how many anglers still live or go fishing in the very same boundary?
Broadway tackle. You mean in Broadway market, just off of London Fields Dave?.....I used that back in the late 90s when me and the other half , and our then new baby were living in a flat in Bethnal green. I remember talking to the fellas in there.Gutted about closing up . But the trade had dried up.I used to get me maggots/bits from there before an everning on the Regents canal. I used to fish from Acton lock there at Broadway mkt down to Vicky pk. And it was onthat stretch about 2005 that me Boy caught his first fish . A Perch, far bank, underneath the overhanging warehouse industrial buildings.

Roman tackle....the only one left is usually fairly busy still.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Roman Tackle, full of pond life! Sorry!

DaveM
Rudd

Post by DaveM »

is that camo dressed pond life tadpole? :wink:

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

They were when I was last in there Dave/Tad.

Getting Tooled up for a " 2 dayer, after Sturgeon" Down in Kent! Loads of Dosh going over the counter!!!. Anglings moved on. The Fishing tackle shop owner was more than pleased to give advice; baits, rigs ,buzz bars. rods! and in return he got a load of twentys and our new anglers, were well pleased.

Goodluck to them :hat:

Not my cuppa though, me with Grandads tackle

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Saying that, Roman tackle does stock a small amount of vintage reels and rod, the owner is quite a nice chap but the customers!

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

You know I think Roman tackle is the only tackle shop in East london that I can think of that is on the inside line ofthe north circular.....All gone!

Return to “River Lea”