Mill pool Broxbourne

This forum belongs to the River Lea.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Mill pool Broxbourne

Post by Tengisgol »

The first cormorants have arrived in my home town for the winter. One was perched bold as brass on the lamppost over the main road bridge this morning and I saw a couple fly over on Monday. They do their work in the town at first light and before things get busy. I fear now for my town centre winter roaching.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Lea Dweller wrote:You are right Stuart, the same can be said of the Coppermill Stream at Walthamstow, I used to catch some lovely Roach fishing it, but I have been told that it is a shadow of it's former self, Sad!!
Arh yea the coppermill stream, haven't fished there for years now, those big roach I can remember very well, hemp and tares on the stick comes to mind :Thumb:

Remember catching a few 2-3lb perch aswell on minnows ,

In truth Ted most rivers I now look at have lost a lot of their former glory :Cry:

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Tengisgol wrote:The first cormorants have arrived in my home town for the winter. One was perched bold as brass on the lamppost over the main road bridge this morning and I saw a couple fly over on Monday. They do their work in the town at first light and before things get busy. I fear now for my town centre winter roaching.
Arh mate it don't seem good :Cry:

hope you can find a stretch where they can't get to as easily although I doubt it'll make an awful lot of difference :rant:

Return to “River Lea”