Coppermill Stream at Walthmstow Reservoirs

This forum belongs to the River Lea.
Stuart Whiting

Re: Coppermill Stream at Walthmstow Reservoirs

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Bluelabel wrote:Nice pics Stuart... I fished it years ago.... had some huge Perch out by the pipe :Cool:
Yea mate, had many a good perch from there, also near the pipe and also up towards the far end of the beat going up towards Lockwood ressie, biggest was a respectable 3.5lb :Ok:

Tight lines

Stuart

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Loop Erimder wrote:Could sit there all day
Yea mate quite agree but sadly I think it's lost some of its sole now over the last few years, yes there are still big fish in there but I don't think it'll match its former days when there were huge roach in there, sadly a lot have now been taken by the blasted Black Death ( cormorants) :tea:

All the best

Stuart

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

Nice pictures that suggest that there is more to angling than just catching fish.

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Woodytia wrote:Nice pictures that suggest that there is more to angling than just catching fish.
Definitely quite agree mate, it's just the atmosphere of being there with a bit of nostalgia thrown in for good measure :Thumb:

Tight lines

Stuart

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thames Mudlarker wrote:
Bluelabel wrote:Nice pics Stuart... I fished it years ago.... had some huge Perch out by the pipe :Cool:
Yea mate, had many a good perch from there, also near the pipe and also up towards the far end of the beat going up towards Lockwood ressie, biggest was a respectable 3.5lb :Ok:

Tight lines

Stuart
Lockwood ressie,happy days seems we used to go over there every evening after school poaching and piking,live bait from the old lea.

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Tizer wrote:
Thames Mudlarker wrote:

Tight lines

Stuart
Lockwood ressie,happy days seems we used to go over there every evening after school poaching and piking,live bait from the old lea.
Wish I could of gone there every day then but unfortunately wasn't possible as I lived in Croydon back then but for last 21 years am now in northwest Kent , never did actually fish the ressie but knew there were some big old croc's in there :Thumb:

Stuart

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

There,s supposed to be some big Barbel Up the pipe (under Forest rd) H

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Ljm183 wrote:
There,s supposed to be some big Barbel Up the pipe (under Forest rd) H
Yes mate, your Wright about the barbel being up the pipe although doesn't seem to be as many there now from what I've heard, however there is some very large chub in there now, most certainly 7lber's, I can remember about 5-6 years ago that an 8lb chub came out at the very far top end of the stream up near the train bridge and crossing, trouble is there's not a lot of bank side cover to conceal yourself :Confused:

Stuart

Totman
Minnow

Post by Totman »

Many many years ago used to stand on bridge gazing into stream was not allowed to fish it then .Plenty of specimen fish to capture ones imagination ...

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Totman wrote:Many many years ago used to stand on bridge gazing into stream was not allowed to fish it then .Plenty of specimen fish to capture ones imagination ...
As far as I'm aware of its been fishable for at least 35-40 years or more, yes yer right about the specimen fish that once used to reside within that stream,

Certainly not many streams in the southeast that could boast fish of chub upto 8lb, barbel going into doubles, roach topping 2lb + aswell as stonking great perch between 3-4lb

Sadly these days are now long gone especially the roach :Cry:

Return to “River Lea”