Fishers Green

This forum belongs to the River Lea.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Fishers Green

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Popped along to Fishers Green this morning...Now I ve only fished there a few times, the club Im in provideds a ticket,the surroundings are fantastic, but Ive never done that well.

Today was a blank

Many of the anglers who Ive met talk about A Golden past....But Its pretty tough now. There are big barbel, chub and Carp too ...but silver fish, they are there but play very hard to get.

Any experiences of the delightful place, would be gratefully received..?

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: Fishers Green

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Thanks for all that Hermes...I know all the swims you mention, but have only fished a few of them.

Ive been able to fish Fishers Green for two seasons now but last sunday was the first time Id been since Jan 2011. With the exception of a nice day in sept 2010, it had nearly all been blanks, so Id given it a miss, prefering the Millpool at Broxbourne and the strtch between Dobbs weir and Carthagena.Having said that the fishing there has been pretty tough too.

Truth is there has been a reduction in fish levels allround.

But I love the Lea. I live in Hackney and have fished down that way too, both the tidal strech on the old river at Hackney Marshes and also the Navigation too.All fishable but tough fishing as well.

Any other anecdotes out there on the Lea.?

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Pure skill, Sir!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I popped along yesterday for the last two hours before dusk/darkness. The relief channel was frozen until it meets the old river, so I popped meself in on the main river past the bridge trotting a float , single maggot , well you never know!

There were a couple of other fellows pike fishing, looking very cold and thier floats not moving.

A Robin landed on me cane rod as I held it still, on the forage for me maggots.

No bites until almost too dark , when the Roach came on..... one after another.... size....well as our member Vole descibed a Roach once to me, " About the size of a Willow Leaves !"

All very pleasant , I packed up when the line started to freeze against the rod rings , and before it got too dark.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Can one still turn up and fish here on a day ticket, thinking of giving it a go.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Tadpole wrote:Can one still turn up and fish here on a day ticket, thinking of giving it a go.
No, Saddly I think is the answer Tad... There is a consortium of clubs called the Fishers green consortium. Happened in about 2010. The club I was / am in is in it. Hence I can give it a go.

Its a lovely place to rove about too.

I have to say I havent fished there for a while now, but pop along with the dog and kids. picnics etc and you see hardly anyone fishing.Not sure why? Fish are in there.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Tench Dreamer wrote:
Tadpole wrote:Can one still turn up and fish here on a day ticket, thinking of giving it a go.
No, Saddly I think is the answer Tad... There is a consortium of clubs called the Fishers green consortium. Happened in about 2010. The club I was / am in is in it. Hence I can give it a go.

Its a lovely place to rove about too.

I have to say I havent fished there for a while now, but pop along with the dog and kids. picnics etc and you see hardly anyone fishing.Not sure why? Fish are in there.
HI John,

Which club are you with?

I fancy a go at it although the Krays are lurking along that stretch!

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Some years ago I fished the Metropolitian police lakes at Fisher Green and had some very nice Carp and Tench and really enjoyed my fishing.
I stopped fishing there for security reasons.

Return to “River Lea”