Roxton 'A'

This forum belongs to the River Ouse.
Tizer
Chub

Re: Roxton 'A'

Post by Tizer »

Tengisgol wrote:
Tizer wrote:I have joined the LAA again this year,i have fished A/B/C/D orwhatever the other bits are called,i have fished Hemingford grey and Brampton pits ,All once famous places ,I did ask the question on a different site,How could the LAA let these places go so far downhill,but it got deleted. Such a shame
Can you explain please Tizer, I have fished all of them thirty five years ago, what are they like now?
in my opinion, they have been visited by the wrong sort of people,the ones that don't put fish back.Especially Brampton,I like fishing on my own so I went over there in winter and summer,prob about 10 times,never saw a soul over there(happy days)but I never saw a fish,a rise or a bubble,i made as much noise as I could walking around the place to try and spook something.It is proper raiders of the lost ark over there,swims totally overgrown,plank bridges that you worry if you will make it across! Think 5ft was the deepest I found over there.I did enjoy fishing it and will prob go over there again,last time I was there was about 2 months ago,Hemingford grey is worth fishing still I am told,but again because it has some remote spots ,it has had the same probs as the other places,most of the people I have seen on there have been the long stay anglers,i only fished it in the winter.Most of the river stretches I fished I am the only one there,but there is a reason for that as I have said before,Someone mentioned Bures lake and when I looked on there facebook page that was all they talked about.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Has anyone who is a member of the LAA,been over Brampton pits lately?

Robert P
Bleak

Post by Robert P »

There was a match on this stretch yesterday - Globe AS. No idea how they got on but it was still high, fast and coloured from the rain. I live nearby and fish it a couple of times a year. I have also paddlebarded some of it and have seen fish up and down. Nothing large though have caught perch, roach and chub. Looks like I may be trying there some more soon, roach will be the target.
All the local clubs with good waters near me seem to be fully subscribed which is maddening, at least LAA aren't and offer day ticket anyway.

Return to “River Ouse”