Chris Yates and line?

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
WildCarpFisher.

Chris Yates and line?

Post by WildCarpFisher. »

Did I see a clip of Chris Yates using braid on one of his rods? I'm trying to find the clip again, but it must have been on You-tube?

Thanks.

Julian
Salmon

Re: Chris Yates and line?

Post by Julian »

He uses braid in the 'Caught in Time ' video where he catches a 27lb common from Jade lake
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

WildCarpFisher.

Post by WildCarpFisher. »

That's right. I was shocked he fished braid on his cane rod?

Is Jade lake a syndicate? Just interested, not looking to fish it? Thanks.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

WildCarpFisher. wrote:That's right. I was shocked he fished braid on his cane rod?

Is Jade lake a syndicate? Just interested, not looking to fish it? Thanks.
Yes, its the lake he 'discovered' and the subject of his book 'The Secret Carp'.

Its a no-publicity very small syndicate - somewhere in deepest Wiltshire I believe and a very beautiful lake on all counts with some very old carp, from what I have seen of the video footage and descriptions.

I would guess there must be a one or two on here who have actually been privileged to be invited to fish it for a day?

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Jade lake was a GSC lake in the past when it was wild and little fished and the GSC shared it with a 'modern' syndicate.
Sadly a lot of the more interesting 'wild' areas were opened up to allow access and erection of bivvys and casting with 13' rods.
Now it is a 'bivvy boy' only syndicate and the GSC have nothing more to do with it.
Shame.... :(
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

And I believe that baitboats now plough the high seas of Jade Lake...

JohnClyde
Perch

Post by JohnClyde »

That is very very sad. I love caught in time.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Snape wrote:Jade lake was a GSC lake in the past when it was wild and little fished and the GSC shared it with a 'modern' syndicate.
Sadly a lot of the more interesting 'wild' areas were opened up to allow access and erection of bivvys and casting with 13' rods.
Now it is a 'bivvy boy' only syndicate and the GSC have nothing more to do with it.
What a shame.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Chris tells a story about how he was fishing on one side of the lake whilst on the other side they was a film crew filming a major Hollywood film. He wonders whether if you were to examine the footage carefully enough you see a tall, skinny bearded carp angler wielding a cane rod amongst the bushes behind Jonny Depp!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Snape wrote:Jade lake was a GSC lake in the past when it was wild and little fished and the GSC shared it with a 'modern' syndicate.
I had no idea that it had completely changed. I thought it took several years of negotiation initially before the owner would allow a very small syndicate of close angling colleagues to fish it- and that CY was invited to join soon after that.
Do you know why it ended up being shared with a modern syndicate?

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”