Chris Yates and line?

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Chris Yates and line?

Post by Mark »

Julian wrote:
Snape wrote:Jade lake was a GSC lake in the past when it was wild and little fished and the GSC shared it with a 'modern' syndicate.
Sadly a lot of the more interesting 'wild' areas were opened up to allow access and erection of bivvys and casting with 13' rods.
Now it is a 'bivvy boy' only syndicate and the GSC have nothing more to do with it.
Shame.... :(
I had no idea that it had completely changed. I thought it took several years of negotiation initially before the owner would allow a very small syndicate of close angling colleagues to fish it- and that CY was invited to join soon after that.
Do you know why it ended up being shared with a modern syndicate?
Money I suppose Julian.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Mark wrote:
Julian wrote:
Snape wrote:Jade lake was a GSC lake in the past when it was wild and little fished and the GSC shared it with a 'modern' syndicate.
Sadly a lot of the more interesting 'wild' areas were opened up to allow access and erection of bivvys and casting with 13' rods.
Now it is a 'bivvy boy' only syndicate and the GSC have nothing more to do with it.
I had no idea that it had completely changed. I thought it took several years of negotiation initially before the owner would allow a very small syndicate of close angling colleagues to fish it- and that CY was invited to join soon after that.
Money I suppose Julian.
I would also have guessed that Mark, but I understood it was extremely difficult to persuade the owner to initially even allow a very small syndicate of traditional anglers who would have no impact upon the ancient lake. Maybe the original owner is no longer around or its just a question of money - so sad.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Julian wrote:
Mark wrote:
Julian wrote:
Money I suppose Julian.
I would also have guessed that Mark, but I understood it was extremely difficult to persuade the owner to initially even allow a very small syndicate of traditional anglers who would have no impact upon the ancient lake. Maybe the original owner is no longer around or its just a question of money - so sad.
Actually I think the original people fishing there were a mixture but the modernists eventually took over.
and you can see why it was called Jade lake...

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

WOW! that looks beautiful
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Wowiwiwiwiw that is one stunning pond! Looks like it should be in the swiss alps!
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

It's amazing what lighting and the photo being taken in summer can do. This is taken from about the same place.

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

That first photo looks really superb Snape - what makes it even better is that its obvious that the water really is that colour, as the sky and all the vegetation look to be completely natural colours.
So did you actually get to fish there Snape and if so were you successful?
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

WildCarpFisher.

Post by WildCarpFisher. »

I wonder how we would feel being a land owner, non fisher person and a group of people offer you a huge sum of money to fish your lake?

When I read the Redmire book, the owners seem to have always been bothered about he money first sadly. But it's impossible to say how I would be in their shoes?

Does anyone know if you can get a day on Woldale? I ask as it's on my doorstep and would simply love to sit and watch, even if didn't fish?

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Julian - no I have not fished it but know people who did before it changed.
Wildcarpfisher - Woldale is a very private and exclusive syndicate these days.

WildCarpFisher.

Post by WildCarpFisher. »

Snape. I'm in one also but I can take a guest from time to time. It's nice to share something like that with others, if it's in your nature to do so?

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”