Spinning Traces

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Walkerburt
Roach

Spinning Traces

Post by Walkerburt »

Hi all,
Does anyone have a recommendation for 12”/15” spinning traces with a ball-bearing swivel at the front end, and a snap clasp at t’other? I’m looking to do a bit of pike spinning this autumn and my supplies have run out.

Kind Regards
Phil
The Watcher by the Bridge

Duckett
Tench

Re: Spinning Traces

Post by Duckett »

After decades of trying different options the only advice I would to a fellow angler on lure traces is to make your own.

My preference for the last 6 or so years since I first tried it is a brand of titanium trace wire called Knot 2 Kinky. Swivels I have no set preference on but for the clasp I prefer the modern type without a swivel, using cork screw type or snap type depending on the type of lure I’m using.

Some lure anglers seem to think that the shape of the clasp, from wide egg shaped ones to quite narrow, can make an impact on the way the lure behaves. However, after using different types with shallow divers and surface lures, I am not convinced.

Cheers,

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

Cheers Phil

I’ll have a look at K2K

Kind Regards
Phil
The Watcher by the Bridge

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I prefer not to use swivels with plugs but do use one/two with spinners.

As above make your own with what ever wire you are happy with - and the choice with/without swivels/links.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”