Which bird quills?

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: Which bird quills?

Post by Reedling »

Great minds think alike, I was feeding it Paxo and goose fat, self stuffed and self basting..win, win. :Wink: :Chuckle:

A bit further along on the marsh where we cycle a farm has a couple of Emu in a large enclosure, next time we go passed there I shall see if I can get a few larger feathers from the owner, if they do not use them themselves of course :Thumb: .

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

You might want to take the Paxo with you Reedling. I've read that Emu meat is delicious but that low yields makes it tricky as a profitable farming option.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Talking of Emus, we have some monster Pike down here in Kent, what do you reckon on my new Bung design.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A good catfish float!

Fish
Bleak

Post by Fish »

i concur that the OP quills are peacock,might i add that the primary wing feathers of said bird have the most awesome quills,they have a good girth and shadow goose quills,they are easy to source too as folk only seem to want the eyed feathers.BTW the eyes tail feathers bring awful bad luck,i personally would never have them in the house even for flytying.
"Go fishing in the morning, work in a factory in the afternoon."
Karl Marx.

Fish
Bleak

Post by Fish »

Fish wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:33 am i concur that the OP quills are peacock,might i add that the primary wing feathers of said bird have the most awesome quills,they have a good girth and shadow goose quills,they are easy to source too as folk only seem to want the eyed feathers.BTW the eyes tail feathers bring awful bad luck,i personally would never have them in the house even for flytying.
i concur i have used many peacock wing quills,very nice they are,a good second is the herring gull primary wing feather quill,i picked up masses on bournemouth beach a while ago after a good blow,weather that is ,not me......
"Go fishing in the morning, work in a factory in the afternoon."
Karl Marx.

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

cormerant quills are best, shoot one and save a lot of roach

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Cormorant quill floats available at the Avon Roach Project matches!

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”