Homers Pike Float.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Fredline
Tench

Homers Pike Float.

Post by Fredline »

I bought a selection of vintage fishing floats from a certain site recently that had attracted quite a bit of interest. The main attraction was the small ivory tipped, bone bottomed quill and very nice it is too. But amongst this selection was a very familiar stem on an old pike float and it was this that I was mainly interested in. The stem had been painted a dull red and it had real Homers qualities.My hunch proved correct.
I cleared the plugged celluloid stem top and bottom, tidied up the top as the wraps were coming adrift, cleaned the paint from the stem and fitted a replacement plug and voila, a Homers pike float. I have never seen one of these before but with the resources available to the W. F. Homer workshop at the time there is no reason why they did not produce a pike float. Most probably a perch bob as well. The search continues.
Last edited by Fredline on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Homers Pike Float.

Post by Nobby »

Both nice finds Fredline. I sharp taper to that little quill's top section.......Bazin???

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Great floats, especially the Naiad! I must try to make some smaller ones like that.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

:mrgreen: I'm just a little envious! :Thumb:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Me too# I had to take a screenshot to have a photograph to work from. Because the naiad is quite small it should be easier to replicate.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

very nice floats there

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”