Bulk Spools Of Clear Low Breaking Strain Lines?

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Re: Bulk Spools Of Clear Low Breaking Strain Lines?

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Not experienced that at all Old Tackle. Plenty of line slipping backward and forward through mine both with old pins and modern ball bearing versions as well Altex, Cardinals etc (never liked the direction 300's and 410's etc wind the line).
I was sent some Stroft - three types but never used it as it didn't pass my bench tests. Co-polymer shouldn't feel any different to mono though. Have you checked your guides are okay?

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

I use Stroft gtm as tippet when fly fishing. I find it excellent for that purpose. It is quite expensive, too expensive to be used as main line for me. Does anyone use maxima as main line?

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Bobby Marlene wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:41 am Does anyone use maxima as main line?
Wouldn't use anything else...it's never let me down :Scared:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

I do like the way we all have personal favourites. :Hat:

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Crucian wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:50 am
Bobby Marlene wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:41 am Does anyone use maxima as main line?
It's a fantastic fishing line. Like sensor and float fish, maxima just got it right. Yes there are probably better lines, but for value and reliability I look no further than these three.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Shaun Harrison wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:30 am Not experienced that at all Old Tackle. Plenty of line slipping backward and forward through mine both with old pins and modern ball bearing versions as well Altex, Cardinals etc (never liked the direction 300's and 410's etc wind the line).
I was sent some Stroft - three types but never used it as it didn't pass my bench tests. Co-polymer shouldn't feel any different to mono though. Have you checked your guides are okay?
Somehow strange. Yes, of course I checked the guide and I do not have the problem with my other lines on that rod (or others). That's what made me thinking. Maybe only a matter of this particular line. But as I have not easy access to the line you are using I fear I will have to stay with my mono. What you had to say about visibility made me think. Quite often I do trotting in bride conditions. Maybe the visibility of my line hinders better results? It would be nice to have a test with that line so if any of the gentlemen would have 100m in spare to send over - please get in contact. :Hat:
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Marc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:59 am
Crucian wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:50 am
It's a fantastic fishing line. Like sensor and float fish, maxima just got it right. Yes there are probably better lines, but for value and reliability I look no further than these three.
Maybe I should try some Maxima, too. At least that's a line I have access to in Germany. :Confused:
Maxima Perfexion or which one would be best for float fishing?
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

The fladen stuff comes in bulk spools down too 3lb.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

You will be hard pushed to find a better quality and more consistent line than Maxima for general use, it is not a floating line though.

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

Maxima for me also. In all breaking strains.
I really like the dark colour.
Clear mono always seems to reflect light causing a mirror effect (the ones I've tried at least)
Russ

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”