Floats in a glass case...I ask you.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Kevin
Chub

Re: Floats in a glass case...I ask you.

Post by Kevin »

Loop Erimder wrote:Best of both
Look at them or use them I use them........Most of them

That is a very nice way to show/store your floats loop.

Paul Cook
Grayling

Post by Paul Cook »

A glass of Merlot and a keyboard , oh dear !
Having made rods , nets and floats etc for a varied array of customers , all have their reasons for ordering , some as collectors , others as users and the odd dealer thrown in for good measure . The floats on ebay are of course mine but the frame is not , I rarely get asked to make up float displays , it is something that tends to be carried out by others . Personally it is nice to know that whatever I make gets used on the bank but I do know that some collect which at the end of the day is their choice .I like to think that all that I make gets used , that is the initial intention but each to their own . Once sold they no longer belong to me and it becomes the buyers choice as to what they wish to do with whatever they have purchased .The fact that there are those who wish to purchase from me is humbling enough , I like making things , its all I know and if it brings some joy to others , then that is good enough for me .
On the float making front , I have seen my floats go for silly money on ebay , so I guess now they have become what some would say , "collectable" , and if memory serves me well , one of my floats went for £46 ! I guess at that price it would unnerve anyone risking a potential loss of such an expensive item , safer to pop it behind a bit of glass , I ask you !

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Dare I ask, was the float that went for £46 your double tapered amber quill? If so, it was cheap at that price and has to be the most beautiful and elegant float that I've ever seen! Sad though, to imagine it never been fished with; still I hope it's fished with at least the once!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Loop Erimder wrote:Best of both
Look at them or use them I use them........Most of them

There's a picture from that traditional tackle shop again :fish:
niceroach

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Must admit If I had a man cave I would probably adorn the walls with all manner of fishing bits and bobs including some of these lovely floats.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

You only live once so why not surround yourself with lovely things, and things you love. I have given up listening to what others say about us and our collecting and displaying (SWMBO is just as good)...Yes, I have a problem, and that problem is, finding a space on the wall of our house to display our latest nice things. :Wink:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Reedling your argument is a good one for acquiring myself a harem ...not sure how well that's going to go down with 'er indoors?

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I was going to put something like that in my post Nobby when I referred to 'surround yourself with lovely things' but thought better of it. :Scared: Did not want to push my luck too far, with the love of my life, apple of my eye,. :Wink:

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

I keep my collectables in a Paul Cook Float Box.

Blueavocet

Post by Blueavocet »

Must say I have framed a few floats and they reside on the wall in the fishing den in the garden. How did I chose which ones? Well it was the ones that shivered with fright at the sight of daylight when I opened the float box. Some floats never get used but look fine. Others are properly battered and travel down the swim again and again!

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”